Hi Brian
I see your point, there is some room for optimization. here.

Edmund Reinhardt,  AS/400 AD Tools,   reinhard@ca.ibm.com
Dept 607,   IBM Canada Lab  TL 969-4392  Phone 905-413-4392

Please respond to code400-l@midrange.com
Sent by:        code400-l-admin@midrange.com
To:        <code400-l@midrange.com>
cc:
Subject:        RE: Find and Replace dialog question

Hi Edmond,

My point is that while this solution works, it is cumbersome and could be
made less so by displacing the "Replace then Find" radio button with a
"Replace all with prompt" radio button that basically built and executed
the
change command that Buck posted earlier. Other than for simulating a
prompted replace, what else do you use the "Replace then Find" radio
button
for?

Also, by creating this new "Replace all with prompt" radio button you
wouldn't have to leave the "Cancel after find" box unchecked all the time
and therefore, you wouldn't need to go and CANCEL the dialog box after
each
find or find/replace session. It takes 3-4 key strokes to cancel this
dialog
box depending on whether the last action was a FIND or a REPLACE (no Alt-C
shortcut here). The alternative is to take your hand completely off the
keyboard and grab the mouse. Either way, it's not very efficient. I guess
one other alternative would be to not cancel the dialog box at all and
just
leave it open all the time but that could be dangerous. Another possible
solution would be to have the "Replace then find" radio button ignore the
"Cancel after find" option and keep the dialog box open   until it was
manually canceled/closed.

Thanks for your insights,

Brian