I had not been able to get any sort of consistent results from help since my
CODE saga began till I got this yesterday from a developer:

Subject: pmr 68622 RE: webfacing guide

 Alex,

 There are two parts to NetQuestion (Help system) installation: Files
 installation and Help configuration.
 Assuming the files have been installed, here are the steps to
 configure
 Help. Do these from a DOS window.

generate the HELP.CFG file
  enter "x:\wdt400\help\cfghtml.exe  x:\wdt400"
    where x:\ is the drive where WDT/400 was installed to
remove Product Help
  enter  "x:\imnnq_yy\vahcfgw.exe remove /p va400 /f x:\imnnq_yy  /l en_US
    where yy = 98 or NT or 2K or ME depending on the user system's
    operating system
    /l reads "forward slash 'l' for Language-id"
    en_US = english_US
configure Product Help
  enter "x:\imnnq_yy\vahcfgw.exe  install  /p va400  /w x:\wdt400\help /l
en_US
reboot the system