Today when you open an IFS file, the Server name on the 'Open IFS file'
prompt must be defined in the communications console 'CODE/400 Server
Name'. This Server name must be the same as defined in 'AS/400 IP Name or
Address'.  For example:

    AS/400 IP Name or Address: Netshare
    CODE/400 Server Name:Netshare

          Where Netshare must be a known TCP/IP name. It cannot be an IP
address such as 9.11.222.333 or  TS400.MALL400.COM.

To work around this, you can define Netshare in your LMHOSTS file, for
example,
      9.11.222.333   Netshare.

The problem is due to an inconsistent handling of the Server name and
AS/400 IP name/address in CODE, resulting in 'Unable to connect to AS400'
and 'UnknownHostException'. I will open an APAR to have it fixed. The fix
will correct the handling of TCP/IP name or address.

Hak Lui
AS/400 AD, IBM Canada Ltd.
e-mail: haklui@ca.ibm.com

"Phil" <sublime78ska@yahoo.com>@midrange.com on 01/08/2002 07:15:03 PM