Rob,

Not while it's on the IFS; there's no mapped drive.
Is that what I need?  The option 'Open IFS file'
implied to me that it was a way to get around having a
mapped drive otherwise I could open it with regular
Open, and chose <LOCAL> (assuming of course that I had
the filter set up.)

Did I make an incorrect assumption?

Phil