> I always like it when others work as late as me :)

Misery loves company, eh?

I'll take a peek in the code and see what I can come up with that might
cause the change in the references.  As to not always finding the
references that may be intentional.  That is, to get around a "hangish"
difficulty when starting up Designer will not attempt to initiate a host
connection unless one has already been started.  So if you have ended all
your host connections (by ending codeedit and the comm daemon for
instance) then Designer will load your source as if the host connection is
not there.  The alternative was to hang for the TCP/IP timeout waiting for
a connection to be made in the times when you are disconnected from the
network.  Yes, in theory a better solution could have been done but there
are other reasons as well for this one.  So, to get around this you could
go to the open dialogue in Designer, expand the entry for the iSeries of
your choice, close the open dialogue then open your file.  This only has
to be done once, unless you end communications of course...

The open/save timer dialogue that doesn't close is one of those things
that _never_ happens when one is trying to make it happen, particularly
with the debugger. It is on my list of things to fix but it is way, way,
way down there.  Hitting Cancel is OK as long as the file is loaded/saved.

>exact and reproducible?!  I'm sure those bugs have been found already.  I
>would definately do this if I could reproduce it myself!  It usually
happens
>when a deadline is near, and/or after I've made alot of changes, and
always
>when I least expect it.  If that's any help!

Nope, they are not all found.  Another fella here just found one today,
cause whilst loading a certain incantation of bad DDS.  I should add that
putting in the code to detect the nearness of deadlines wasn't that
difficult as someone is always near a deadline but
CrashWhenYouLeastExpectIt() was really tricky to write, as well as debug
and test because it wouldn't always work.  This was probably because
during debug and testing we were, well, always _expecting_ it.  It is good
to hear that it is working out there in the "real" world :-)

Kind regards,

Mike

Mike Hockings, P.Eng.
WebSphere Development Tools for AS/400  -  CODE/Designer & WebFacing !
IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory
hockings@ca.ibm.com
voice 905 413 3199

Please respond to code400-l@midrange.com