>Why should this stuff happen EVERY time one upgrades or does most
>anything to WDT?  Am I the only one who feels this way?  Once it's
>working, it's great, but I can sure see why so many try and give up.

I am running W98.  Just installed SP3 and rebooted.  Works for me, no
problems.  However, I have had an odd communications type problem since SP2.
I mention it now because it may have some bearing on the SP3 problems you
folks are having.  I leave my PC powered on 24x7.  In the morning when I
come in, I need to:

open the comms daemon
  shutdown all servers
  close the daemon

open task manager
  kill EVFWSP40
  kill EVFLGEN

open CPO
  go about my business.

If I open CPO without doing that, I get no error, but the editor doesn't
start.  I looked at the comm log a long while ago but it wasn't that
helpful.  I chalked it up to some oddity of our installation and waited for
SP3 to clean it up.  I don't use a STRCODE session unless trying the
debugger.

May I suggest that you try the same concept?  Kill ALL the Code tasks, then
start CPO.  Let it "auto-start" the comms daemon.

W98 128 meg 67% free with Code editor running.
CAE V5R1 w/SI01907
OS/400 V4R5 TL01100

  --buck