Hi Folks,

Please do NOT continue to install SP3.

I have just been informed of a problem where files that should be shipped
as part of SP3 are not get copied to the PC properly.
SP3 will be disabled shortly until the problem has been fixed.

If you have applied the service pack and are having problem, and have not
yet posted, please send me a note.  I would like to keep track of you so I
can ensure that someone gets in touch with you and helps you clean up your
machine and get the service pack installed correctly.
Please do not uninstalll at this time.  I would like to save you some
trouble, and I am investigating the fastest way to get you the files that
may not have been installed on your machine.

Here is the list of folks I have so far (please excuse any omissions):
<jlcrosby@fwi.com>
<jtaylor@rpg2java.com>
<Dawn.Siegrist@penske.com>

Violaine Batthish
CODE Project Lead
batthish@ca.ibm.com          IBMCA(BATTHISH)

WDT/400 page:  http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/wdt400
WDT/400 Support : http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/wdt400/support

                    Jeff Crosby
                    <jlcrosby@fwi.com>       To:     "code400-l@midrange.com"
<code400-l@midrange.com>
                    Sent by:                 cc:
                    code400-l-admin@mi       Subject:     SP3 Error - can't use
WDT
                    drange.com

                    10/02/2001 11:41
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    code400-l

RANTMODE(*ON) FRUSTRATIONLEVEL(*MAXAGAIN)

(sigh)

This is the kind of stuff that drives me nuts.  And it seems like it
happens every single solitary time I try to do an update to Code400.

I downloaded (full version) and installed SP3.  Got no errors
whatsoever.  Dutifully rebooted.  I can open the project organizer, but
that's it.  My filters are still there, but I cannot open _any_ member
for editing.  I get a message box with "EVF2028 RC=257 File system error
JEFF/QRPGSRC(OE51)."  I also cannot refresh any filters.  As soon as I
do, all members vanish.

Looking at the communications properties shows nothing any different
(that I can see) from before.  However, I can't even click the 'Check
PTFs' as it immediately finds nothing.

I _can_ open the editor, but I can't reach any members on the AS/400.
Searching the help for EVF2028 finds no hits.  Searching the help for
'file system error' finds numerous hits, but none seem relevant.  So now
I get to spend time in WDT 'getting the computer to work' (again) as
opposed to solving business problems.

Why should this stuff happen EVERY time one upgrades or does most
anything to WDT?  Am I the only one who feels this way?  Once it's
working, it's great, but I can sure see why so many try and give up.
And I'm going to absolutely HATE going back to SEU today . . . :(

RANTMODE(*OFF) FRUSTRATIONLEVEL(*SAME)

--
-Jeff
The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily