Claudio,
Unfortunately, timing is of the essence... I am an avid user of Code/400
since it's inception, despite it's bugginess and problems. Time comes when
one MUST upgrade their hardware (PC). At that time, you go into the market
place and try to come up with the best deal on a new PC.  I came up with a
933mHZ 125mb 20gb IBM Net Vista w/CDRW drive.  Looked for all intents and
purposes as a really powerful unit, and the price was right. Unfortunately,
it was not offered with Windows 2000.  I figured to use V3M2R3 Code/400 on
it, but the problem there was that, due to one of the "bugs" regarding
NetQuestion and Help, I didn't really trust that product on the new PC.
Then, our shop went to V4R5 of OS/400, and it seemed that moving up to the
new Websphere Development Tools might help eliminate my "Help" problem, so
it seemed a natural migration.  Only after that did I find out how extremely
difficult it was to install the product, running into error after error (see
the newsgroup for the littany of woes regarding installation.  I called for
support, informing them up front that the O/S was WinME, and they spent a
couple of hours attempting to help me get it installed before contacting
someone somewhere who came back with "Windows ME???? Nah, we don't support
that!!!"  So IBM bailed on the problem, leaving me with a new PC purchased
for the purpose of using Code (or WDT) and being unable to get the product
installed.  Again, I have been forced into a workaround of using Code V3M2R3
WITHOUT HELP TEXT and praying that each time I boot up Project or DSU or
Multi-file Search it doesn't lock up my PC forcing me to reboot and lose a
lot of work.  I repeat my earlier complaint of "VERY FRUSTRATING".

As for your assertion that it is not IBM's job to keep up with Microsoft's
operating systems, I believe I FIRMLY DISAGREE.  By taking that approach,
you are going back years in time when the ONLY O/S you would support was
OS/2!!! That answer was a non-starter, which you soon realilzed when you
started into the MS and Windows arena back in the mid 1990's.  Once you
decide to support Windows, you have GOT to keep up.  I go to IBM to buy the
computer, and the only option they have is to sell me a PC that is
non-supported with their own software??? I don't think that one gets off the
ground.  And I agree that the BEST thing for IBM to do is  to, at the very
least, keep up with the latest version of what Microsoft has to offer, but
that doesn't allow you to bypass what Microsoft has mass-released to the
marketplace as their O/S-de-jour.  Often, when buying PCs, you JUST DON'T
HAVE A CHOICE for the O/S, as I said above.  I beseach you, IBM, PLEASE to
support ME.  Also, when I made my calls to IBM on the above issue, I was
assured that indeed IBM WOULD be supporting WinME for WDT/400.  I expect IBM
to keep to their word.

Thanks,

Ric LuBell