FROM:   FLAGLER  KEENE     Flagler, Rick: Manager, IT

DATE:   JANUARY 24, 2001
SUBJECT:        Debugger missing message in V3R2M3 of VARPG

I've been following the dialog about problems with WDT/400 and didn't
realize until just now that the missing VARPG debugger is a problem for
those of us that installed VARPG at release level V3R2M3. Is there a
solution for this and would someone mind posting it or emailing me
directly?

When we start VARPG for a project and do compile/run, it works fine. When
we press the debug button, we recieve the message: "IBM Distriuted
Debugger can't be located and must be installed to be used". Is there a
separate and related install step that we missed? The on-line help
mentions the STRDBGSVR command. This command has apparently already been
run because when this command is issued, the AS/400 tells us it can't be
run more than once.

Any help woruld be appreciated. RF

Rick Flagler
Manager, IT