  • Subject: RE: Code edit sessions being usurped
  • From: Robin Coles <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 10:02:45 +0100

Thanks to all for the rapid replies!

Edmund's suggestion has changed things, but it's not much of an improvement.
Both of the conflicting users have changed the PDM edit commands to have the
appropriate server name before the &L/&F(&N) and now instead of getting the
other person's source, whoever started the server last just gets a message
saying the other person's server isn't defined.

Edit command now:
call qcode/evfcfdbk parm('37' 'Y' 'AS400R' '<LOCAL> CODEEDIT
"<AS400R>&L/&F(&N)"')

The error I'm seeing is EVF2102 rc=32751, host server name AS400B is not
defined.  AS400B is running on my colleague's machine, shows on the STRCODE
screen and is there if I work with STRCODE servers on his machine.

We're just invoking the STRCODE command as:
STRCODE RMTLOCNAME('192.168.0.7')   SERVER(AS400R)

With the server names set appropriately.  Any other ideas or should I follow
Jon's suggestion and call it in as a bug?

Thanks
Robin