  • Subject: Code edit sessions being usurped
  • From: Robin Coles <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:24:45 +0100

Hi,

This is driving us crazy.  There are 3 of us trying to use Code/400.  One is
fine, and the other two only seem to be able to run on one or the other PC -
whoever started their server last gets both sets of edits.  We can't see a
difference in set-up.

We're running Windows 2000 with V3R2M3 of Code.  We each start a server
session on the 400 with STRCODE.  The sessions are given different names,
the two conflicting are AS400R and AS400B.  The screen on the AS/400 session
shows the correct server name, as does the work with servers list.  We're
going into Code from within SEU and use the command:
call qcode/evfcfdbk parm('37' 'Y' 'AS400R' '<LOCAL> CODEEDIT "<>&L/&F(&N)"')

Again, the servers are correctly named in the string.  Mine is AS400R, the
other is AS400B.

We've checked and both have a different current library.

The command shell shows:
 CODEEDIT "<>CIBADEV/QRPGLESRC(UK0460)"
Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]
(C) Copyright 1985-2000 Microsoft Corp.

C:\adtswin>
<AS400R><AS400R>
 CODEEDIT "<>CIBADEV/QRPGLESRC(UK0480)"

<AS400B><AS400B>edtlibl

<AS400B>

It seems to have switched from AS400R to AS400B but I've no idea why.

Thanks
Robin
+---