From: c400-l-bounces+peter.daransky=uc4.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:c400-l-bounces+peter.daransky=uc4.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Boris
Sent: Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2011 01:05
To: c400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [C400-L] Write to IFS file - high CPU

Thanks Peter!
Changing Standard C functions to POSIX did make an improvement and as you said the program finished much faster. The highest CPU percentage it reached was 79% as opposed to 91%.
The internal buffer in Standard C functions was a real revelation to me. Any other hidden gems out of your sleeve :)?
I'm just wondering... The program is doing multiple I/O operations.
Shouldn't an I/O operation release the CPU?

Jevgeni,
It's only a psychological problem until the operator puts the job on hold because he thinks it's in infinite loop :) Then it becomes a real problem, because the business unit thinks that other business jobs will get less CPU.
There seems to be a consensus in this thread that high CPU is pretty much normal. I'm just having hard time explaining it and I think I will be forced to put the job in a different class with a lower runtime priority.
Thanks for the code. I'll definitely try it.