From: c400-l-bounces+peter.daransky=uc4.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:c400-l-bounces+peter.daransky=uc4.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Boris
Sent: Freitag, 27. Mai 2011 19:24
To: c400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [C400-L] Write to IFS file - high CPU

Peter,
I totally agree using memset in this case would the correct approach. I came to this sample program by simplifying my original program (that loop was formatting the buffer before it was sent to the output file) so guess I wasn't even concentrating on the loop but on the write function itself.

I guess my question is a hypothetical one...

Why does program that only uses an I/O function and does nothing but I/O consume so much CPU?

Boris.