Greetings, all.

A program failure has made me look at the definition of the
rename() function.  I find that the IBM run-time library
reference (iSeries ILE C/C++ for iSeries Run-Time Library
Functions, Version 5; SC41-5607-01) says explicitly that the
"to" parameter must not name an existing file.  The Posix
on the other hand allows this situation and specifies the
behaviour of the function in this case.

Surely rename() is a commonly used part of Posix.  Do I have
to do something special to get Posix compatibility?

Thank you for your attention.

Available for contract programming.