It does makes sense to count items with a book zero balance! Counting them goes much faster! And what if there are some quantities left on the shelf? If you never request a count on those, the quantities left - if any- will remain on the shelf forever until they become obsolete ?

----- Original Message ----- From: "A.Y. Xu" <ay_xu@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:11 PM
Subject: [BPCS-L] Cycle Count for zero on hand items

Hello,

We have daily cycle count for around 10 items, but we found BPCS selects a few items whose on hand balance were zero. It makes no sense to count items with zero balance. The steps we do in BPCS as bellow:
1. INV03 - 7, Clear Cycle Counts
2. INV03 - 8, Cycle Count Purge
3. INV03 -10, Cycle Count Worksheets

My question: is it possible to avoid selecting zero balance items? We are in BPCS V8.3.1.

Thanks for any help!
Ay Xu