I am on 405 CD. Some of what I say might not work in other versions.

If you are using a BPCS user-id which has the setting of "S" security
officer, rather than "U" ordinary user, that user-id can get into anything
BPCS irrespective of what else is on the BPCS security settings. If you get
called away from your desk, you might not want to leave your session signed
on with that kind of user-id.

Let's assume you create a CL program like my simple SYSMSGPASS, and place it
into BPCS library list.

For BPCS security 405CD to work for this, it has to start with letters of
one of the modules, and you have to use BPCS security to give the people
access to programs prefixed SYSMSG, or whatever you use. I do that via menu
SYS then option 21 BPCS Security Maintenance SYS600, which can be pretty
tedious for hundreds of users.

File ZSC is the BPCS Security Master File, in case you want to play with
fire, and do an update to that data, outside of BPCS.

Warning ... there may be user-ids in there which can no longer be signed on
because they have been disabled from 400-I sign on. There may also be
user-ids not used by ordinary humans, which are there for specialized
purposes.

You could view the contents of that file using RUNQRY *N ZSC
This means use query/400 without any query definition, to view file
contents.
If I was doing such a bypass, my program would check the space I plan to
insert SYSMSG or whatever, to make sure it is blank, before plugging this
in, and I would also check the place where SYS value should be No for most
users, to make sure I am not doing it to the very few who have SYS-Yes.

Also I might give thought to making the program one where it would be easy
to do same thing with some string other than SYSMSG at some point in future.

Similarly setting up a new menu and its options is pretty fast, but keying
in the identities of all users can be tedious.

File ZMA contains who is authorized to have access to which user menus.
I have that in some queries because when setting up a new user, I am often
told to setup "NEW-PERSON" using exactly same stuff as some "OLD-PERSON"
where one of my steps in doing so, is to run such a query to find out what
menus the "OLD-PERSON" had access to.

WRKOBJ ZM* to see the other files used to manage user menus.

You set up new user menus, like PASS, by first getting to the user menus
(any of them) them F13 to pop-up menu, then option 10, assuming your
security lets you in there. This gets you to where you can add menus,
maintain them etc. Note that F13 from here takes you to where you can mess
with the BPCS logo. I strongly advise backing up that file before doing so.

This is a whole lot easier if there are some user menus already there, which
you can view to see how they can be structured.

The company may already have some standard menu that most people already
have access to, to which you could add the new CL program.

-
Al Mac