Value Added Software, Inc
www.valadd.com
www.opensource4i.com

On 10/2/2010 12:19 AM, Al wrote:

My memory was faulty . I checked the system at work via VPN (I have two PCs
at home ,,, personal and company, thru same Router)

Here is clarification, including what's in that CL program on "user menu" so
people can change their password without needing command line access. Even
though they do not need it, most demand it, and their managers echo the
demand.

-

Al Mac

_____

From: Al Macintyre

The odd words on BPCS LOGO screen which I was referring to, are at very top
of ours:

Functions Utilities Exit Help

Put cursor over one of those words, then press enter.

If you Work with members using PDM,

specify FILE BPCSDOC in *LIBL library, you will find BPCS documentation
which came with that version of BPCS (in our case we have heavily added to
that). Position to SSALOG which will get you the BPCS logic manual for that
version of BPCS. This should explain a LOT of stuff you need to know.

Here is cut and paste of the CL program we are using:

/*********************************************************************/
/* */
/* Program - SYSMSGPASS Users easy access to IBM password change */
/* from BPCS menus without command line */
/*********************************************************************/
PGM

CHGPWD
/* User keys in old password then new one twice */

ENDPGM
****************** End of data ****************************************

Here maybe is what was in my memory from GO ASSIST.

/*********************************************************************/
/* */
/* Program - SYSMSGA runs "Go Assist Messages Multiple" */
/* Sends Message to Any or All Users */
/* */
/* Purpose of this is to make "Go Assist" */
/* version of Messages Multiple */
/* available from a BPCS menu */
/* without granting command line authority */
/* and limiting the amount of other stuff */
/*********************************************************************/
PGM

/* GO ASSIST */

CALL PGM(QSYS/QEZSNDMG) /* This is an API, +
according to NEWS/400 annual issue on +
AS/400 tips =<http://www.news400.com>
www.news400.com */

ENDPGM

Here's another, where I used lots of comments, because sometimes I forget
how to do some stuff, when I not been there recently.

/*********************************************************************/
/* */
/* Program - SYSMSGUSER Users easy access to Profile SAFE STUFF */
/* from BPCS menus without command line */
/*********************************************************************/
PGM

/* Chapter SIX of CL manual explains the rules */

/* ?? PARAMETER () displays default */
/* and lets users make changes */
/* such as printer defaults */
/* and general ease of usage */

/* ?* PARAMETER () displays story */
/* and blocks users able to change */
/* Al thinks using this makes sense */
/* when useful to see big picture */

/* ?% PARAMETER () is NOT displayed to user */
/* unless F9 is taken */
/* and still blocks user changing */
/* Al thinks this appropriate when */
/* we anticipate never gonna change */

CHGPRF ??ASTLVL(*N) ?*CURLIB(*N) ?*INLPGM(*N) +
?*INLMNU(*N) ??TEXT(*N) ??KBDBUF(*N) +
?*JOBD(*N) ?%DOCPWD(*N) ?*MSGQ(*N) +
??DLVRY(*N) ?*SEV(*N) ??PRTDEV(*N) +
??OUTQ(*N) ?%ATNPGM(*N) ?*SRTSEQ(*N) +
?*LANGID(*N) ?*CNTRYID(*N) ?*CCSID(*N) +
?*CHRIDCTL(*N) ?%SETJOBATR(*N) +
?%LOCALE(*N) ??USROPT(*N) ?*HOMEDIR(*N)

MONMSG MSGID(CPF6801) EXEC(GOTO CMDLBL(ENDIT)) /* +
F3 F12 etc. allowed */

ENDIT: ENDPGM

-

Al Macintyre