Hi Pierre,

It's been a log time since we talked!

DeeDee is right. Here is another alternative if you absolutely need to keep
the standard cost of ITEM1 unchanged.

As strange as it is, BPCS cost maintenance CST100 allows entering a negative
cost! Use this "feature" as an advantage in this case. Add a dummy item with
a negative cost as a component in the BOM. The negative cost will offset the
cost of the other component when component costs are rolled up to the
parent.

Create a non-inventory dummy item, called ITEM3. Add it as a component in
the BOM for parent ITEM1. Make the standard cost of ITEM3 -$0.75. Roll up
the cost for ITEM1. Bingo!

> Daniel Warthold
Business Analyst