If you are a Crowe Chizek Customer, you might ask them about their Customer Order Change History.

This is an add on that compares an image of your customer order files to an image that was made the last time you ran it, then generates records to their history file, that shows what was changed ... where made, what price, due date, quantity ... and by what means ... e.g. it is possible in shipping to change the quantity that was requested.

There is a flaw in this logic ... since it is comparing to see what is different in the now image against the image last time we ran it, it is missing out on anything deleted, and gone from the now image ... the comparison only runs in one direction.

Something for y"all to think about if designing your own deal.

However, most BPCS Order deletions are done from within BPCS, which does not hard delete the orders, only soft delete them (coded for deletion), so they are still there for a programmer to identify what got deleted before running a reorg that hard deletes them.

I run several BPCS reorgs weekly, but ORD991 is not very informative, so it is preceded by Query/400 with more info on the orders going away because they were deleted or corrupted.

-
Al Macintyre