I love BPCS_L for the stimulating questions that help my continuing BPCS education.

We are also on 405 CD.
We have done darn few modifications to PUR
Basically alteration of PUR520 Purchase Orders Report format to make it easy to print on Pur Mgr PC and fit nice on Fax machine
Also a program to clear the statistics in HVH file ... he runs a query over this every six months or so and sometimes after end fiscal wants the vendor performance statistics restarted ... we also had questions about what calendar it uses ... real world, shop exclude weekends, etc. turns out it does not exclude weekends or holidays from delivery performance ranking

On-line PUR documentation is NUMBER SIX such as SSARUN06, but if you search for DATE (Find) you will get a bit frustrated with all the hits on UPDATE (F16 to next)

You are correct that there are a LOT of date fields in HPO file but they all have a purpose.
You can see this via DSPFFD HPO F4 to *PRINT or RUNQRY *N HPO F4 change bottom line to *YES then try out various selection criteria such as some date EQ 0 to see if you have any of that date unpopulated then F12 back to selection screen, cursor bottom half scroll down to see next date field (look at far right for 8.0 fields)

We have lots of dates not populated yet, but logically they should not be
because of stuff not yet delivered

By that means (RUNQRY *N HPO F4 etc.) I found that 100% of our DUE DATE and ENTRY DATE were populated with valid dates, while our LAST TRANSACTION DATE in some cases had not yet been populated.

PLDTE is the MRP desired date
when zero it means MRP cannot suggest a better date
when all 9's it means MRP suggests you cancel this order
this is a standard MRP logic that you will find across other areas of BPCS such as shop orders
We have LOTS of purchase orders that MRP has suggestions about

which gives me an idea.
We have query/400 over shop order files that list those shop orders that MRP suggests be date adjusted ... I think we might need a similar heads up on our purchase orders.

Can anyone point me to a reference for date field usage in HPO (4.05CD)?   I
have some user requested modifications, and we are unsure of what can be
done with PDDTE/POODUD, POAQDT, POACDT, etc.
If this is in the archives, I'm not using the right words.   Google hasn't
been much help, either.
Thanks.

-
Al Macintyre http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac