What is supposed to happen to ITH Inventory History that is on an IIM Item
that gets deleted?
Is BPCS supposed to STOP us from deleting an Item that has active history?
Is INV900 supposed to purge history on an item that is no longer active?

I have a little mystery.
We keep ITH Inventory history on-line for 1 year.
It seems to me that an IIM item was deleted 18 months ago, when there were
approx 20 entries in ITH history, that should have gone away, then those
ITH records never got purged by INV900, but somehow the IIM field that
tracks ITH records became zero.
Then when the IIM item was reactivated, and new transactions posted, their
sequence numbers went 1 2 3 because IIM counter was zero, and the older ITH
out there not show up on INV300, except those # <= what added since.
I am hoping that the next INV900 will get rid of the ancient records, and
correctly renumber IIM ITH in sync with each other, so that all I need
worry about are the 40,000 records in ITH on item numbers that are no
longer active, then deal with the bomb shell awaiting any item that is
deleted then reactivated.

Al Macintyre (macwheel99@sigecom.net via Eudora)
Al's diary http://radio.weblogs.com/0107846/
Cure cancer. http://members.ud.com/about/