Hello,

What kind of errors did you receive? I would do a DSPPGM of the new object
and compare all the compile settings to a prior object version (if you have
one on the system or can restore one, or even view a similar one that does
work) and then recompile accordingly.

I do not know what the original default compile settings were for BPCS 5.1,
however as already suggested, commitment control should be *NONE (you'll get
file open errors in the joblog if this is set differently). Additionally, I
would think that CLOSQLCUR should be *ENDPGM unless you have yourselves
completely verified that cursor handling is done properly for *ENDPGM
processing (believe me, it was NOT done properly in early BPCS releases!).
The value of *ENDJOB on this parm often is tried to improve performance, but
if cursors are not properly opened/closed as the job runs, you will find
this can result in various and sundry file positioning errors on cursors
left in a given position in the file from a prior read when you re-enter the
program. This will bring the infamous 'unpredictable results' when running
said program.

Later BPCS versions were fixed so that cursors are always handled properly
and were delivered with the CLOSQLCUR *ENDJOB setting for better performance
(starting at V6100 and up). In V6004 a selected set of programs (selected on
basis of bad performance and with cursors that were good candidates to leave
'soft' closed for the run of the job) were reviewed, fixed, tested and are
now also delivered with this compile setting as default from SSA GT -- but
other programs in that release should not be compiled with that setting
(unless you test/mod/etc. yourself to ensure proper cursor handling).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Genyphyr Novak
SSA GT