Hello,

The other thing I forgot to mention is that for C/S user, the DOC menu does
not exist (ie, this is an SEU AS/400-centric menu, and is not available from
the C/S interface). You can access this from a raw green screen with a
WRKMBRPDM command, on the BPCSO/BPCSDOC file, for *ALL members to see the
list of available texts, including SSALOG00 which is the BPCS 'Logic
Guide' - a system administrator/programmer level document, not required by
average BPCS users.

The DOC menu in Mixed Mode BPCS just gives a user interface to this
multi-membered file, and allows security to be added so that not everyone
has the right to view/change them. Since it is possible to edit the text
from inside PDM, make sure that this file is locked down in your C/S
environment, and I suggest making a copy of the original file into a library
where no one in the SSA group has authority to it, so that you can use this
as a backup to restore any members that become 'corrupted' by 'accident'.
Via object security on the AS/400 and with the way BPCS installs by default
(everything owned by SSA user, with BPCS users getting SSA group authority),
any BPCS user with command line access has all rights to modify this file.
The DOC menu therefore only truly secures these members if the end-user has
no command line access in or out of BPCS.

The RUNDOC information for the BPCS application programs has been turned
into .hlp files on the PC client (press F1 from the GUI application), and is
therefore available as helptext on the client, so you don't really need all
the members in this file from Green Screen if you are Full C/S. But the
SSALOG00 was not transformed this way, and must be viewed in the green
screen SEU interface.

At V8, the SSALOG00 was made available as a Word document on OGS Online, so
that all V8 BPCS users (including Unix clients) could access this more
easily.. Some of the information definitely doesn't apply to Unix (setting
up new environments is strictly AS/400-centric in SSALOG00) but other
information on ODW/ADK programming standards and naming conventions in BPCS
will help anyone wanting to modify BPCS or understand the priming data files
better etc..

Thanks,

Genyphyr Novak
SSA GT