Hello,

This topic of adding more programs to Group Security is not covered in the
DOC menu items such as SSALOG00, because it requires modifications to BPCS
to make a program use group security if it was not already shipped that way
to start with. This feature (Group Security SYS603) was not available in
older BPCS releases, such as BPCS CD. It was first introduced in BPCS with
the product 'LMS' and became a popular enhancement request for other BPCS
programs after it was first developed.

There is a FAQ entry on OGS which covers how to do this in some detail, or
you can get the programming details from calling Support Center, who can
help you find the FAQ I am referring to, or you can determine this for
yourself via analyzing the differences between a program which is already in
the Group Security and those which are not. Then, find out which priming
data files need to be updated by analyzing which files the display programs
for Group Security looks at to find and list the program options.

To add a new program to the BPCS Group Security options requires both
programming and priming data database changes in BPCS. The programs
currently featured in Group Security were those identified by various
customers at various times in the life of BPCS as being something they
wanted to have group security on (ie, securing the program options available
to a given user by use of a 'group' which had those set of authorities set
up already). Enhancements were made over time to add new programs to Group
Security, usually in new BPCS releases.

You can call the Support Center and make an 'E' BMR request for future
enhancement to get another program added to the Group Security, or find out
if a newer release of BPCS happens to have this already activated for the
program you are interested in. The fastest way to get this for yourself at
your current release would be to have this programmed. SSA GT has services
personnel available who can do this programming for you, or you can do this
yourself if you have programming skills available. It is not overly
complicated, but does require careful planning when updating the priming
data files.

Thanks,

Genyphyr Novak
SSA GT