  • Subject: Re: GPM "PZ" 405 CD Period Master
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:14:41 EST

Thanks Ian Bunn & Rob Stagis for helping clarify my understanding of yet
another file that has records that look like they should go away but will not
under native 405 CD software.

> I think that the accountants might kill you if you made their
>  records to away

I am locating garbage records & trying to get the facts & reccommending to
users & letting them decide ... records that appear to be long ago, how long
do we need to keep ... records that appear to be coded as finished yet "hang"
in perpetuity ... then they decide what should be zapped & in some cases
disagree with my reccommendations.

I have a list of "Al please zap when this scenario" a mile long, which when I
get implemented will greatly help our disk space consumption & speed of
access to the records we do need, and we have reason to suspect that some of
the garbage stuff is messing up some programs.  Of course our reality is
complicated by current stuff getting posted with bogus dates, and hundreds of
thousands of records I cannot get rid of on the old facility because they
want to keep 1% but we have not yet how to identify the 1%,

AS/400 Data Manager & Programmer for BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 mixed mode (twinax
interactive & batch) @ http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of
Indiana--->Quality manufacturer of wire harnesses and electrical
sub-assemblies - fax # 812-424-6838

+---