  • Subject: ADK upgrade run times + CHGCENGEN
  • From: "Bernard Burchell" <burchelb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 19:20:35 +1100

I've just done an upgrade to AS/SET ADK from 6.0.01 to 6.1.00 and was
pleased to find that it took only 15 minutes to run (on model 730).  I was
afraid that it might re-create the data base and copy all the files back,
particularly as the ASSETF library was 10 Gigabytes!  But it only
replaced/added objects as required.

Changes appear fairly minimal and relate to Y2K issues plus a few
performance improvements with SQL. The editor doesn't appear to have been
improved.

---------------------
CHGCENGEN
---------------------

Once you've done an upgrade you will need to switch on the century
generation flag to make generated programs Y2K compliant.  For some reason
the default is 'N'.  To do this:

ADDLIBLE ASSETO
CHGCENGEN            +  F4 to prompt
then change the 'Enhance century Generation (GENERATE)' parameter to 'Y',
and press Enter.

You then need to find all the programs that use the century conversion
functions: %CMD, %DMC, %MDC, %CJL and recompile them.  This is difficult to
do with Query and SQL because of the multi-membered files involved and
because % is used as a wild-string.  So I wrote a quick-n-dirty RPG program
(attached) which did the trick.  My apologies for the indicator usage.

Bernard Burchell.
      *  This program scans all the members of ASSETF/ACT for
      *  occurrances of Century Date conversion functions.
      *  Run time approx. half hour.
      *
     FACTL06  IF  E           K        DISK         KINFDS ACTI       UC
     FQSYSPRT O   F     132     OF     PRINTER
     I              'abcdefghijklmnopqrst-C         LO
     I              'uvwxyz'
     I              'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRST-C         UP
     I              'UVWXYZ'
     IACTI        DS
     I                                      129 138 MBRACT
      *
     C           'OVRDBF ' CAT  'ACTL06'  CMD       P
     C                     CAT  'MBR(':1  CMD
     C                     CAT  '*ALL)':0 CMD
     C                     CALL 'QCMDEXC'
     C                     PARM           CMD   100
     C                     PARM 100       CMDLEN 155
     C                     OPEN ACTL06
      *
     C                     READ ACTL06                   LR
     C           *INLR     DOWEQ*OFF
     C           ACTGTY    IFNE ';'
     C           LO:UP     XLATEACTXT     SCNTX  92
     C                     SETOF                         01
     C           '%CMD'    SCAN SCNTX                    01
     C  N01      '%DMC'    SCAN SCNTX                    01
     C  N01      '%MDC'    SCAN SCNTX                    01
     C  N01      '%CJL'    SCAN SCNTX                    01
     C           *IN01     IFEQ *ON
     C                     MOVELACTXT     ACTXT2 63
     C                     EXCPTDETAIL
     C   OF                EXCPTHEAD
     C                     END
     C                     END
     C                     READ ACTL06                   LR
     C                     ENDDO
     C                     CLOSE*ALL
      *
     OQSYSPRT E    1           HEAD