  • Subject: Re: ADK upgrade run times + CHGCENGEN
  • From: "Bernard Burchell" <burchelb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 18:54:26 +1100

I've been informed that functions %NOD and %CTD also need to be checked -
they have a problem with 6 digit dates.  *EDATE also has to be checked
(don't know what this function does).  So I've updated the scan program and
re-attached it.

This is for user-modified programs only.  BPCS original programs don't use
these functions.

>---------------------
>CHGCENGEN
>---------------------
>
>Once you've done an upgrade you will need to switch on the century
>generation flag to make generated programs Y2K compliant.  For some reason
>the default is 'N'.  To do this:
>
>ADDLIBLE ASSETO
>CHGCENGEN            +  F4 to prompt
>then change the 'Enhance century Generation (GENERATE)' parameter to 'Y',
>and press Enter.
>
>You then need to find all the programs that use the century conversion
>functions: %CMD, %DMC, %MDC, %CJL and recompile them.  This is difficult to
>do with Query and SQL because of the multi-membered files involved and
>because % is used as a wild-string.  So I wrote a quick-n-dirty RPG program
>(attached) which did the trick.  My apologies for the indicator usage.
>
>Bernard Burchell.
      *  This program scans all the members of ASSETF/ACT for
      *  occurrances of Century Date conversion functions.
      *  The sets are searched in creation order - not alphabetic.
      *  Run time approx. half hour.
      *
     FACTL06  IF  E           K        DISK         KINFDS ACTI       UC
     FQSYSPRT O   F     132     OF     PRINTER
     I              'abcdefghijklmnopqrst-C         LO
     I              'uvwxyz'
     I              'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRST-C         UP
     I              'UVWXYZ'
     IACTI        DS
     I                                      129 138 MBRACT
      *
     C           'OVRDBF ' CAT  'ACTL06'  CMD       P
     C                     CAT  'MBR(':1  CMD
     C                     CAT  '*ALL)':0 CMD
     C                     CALL 'QCMDEXC'
     C                     PARM           CMD   100
     C                     PARM 100       CMDLEN 155
     C                     OPEN ACTL06
      *
     C                     READ ACTL06                   LR
     C           *INLR     DOWEQ*OFF
     C           ACTGTY    IFNE ';'
     C           LO:UP     XLATEACTXT     SCNTX  96
     C                     SETOF                         01
     C           '%CMD'    SCAN SCNTX                    01
     C  N01      '%DMC'    SCAN SCNTX                    01
     C  N01      '%MDC'    SCAN SCNTX                    01
     C  N01      '%CJL'    SCAN SCNTX                    01
     C  N01      '%NOD'    SCAN SCNTX                    01
     C  N01      '%CTD'    SCAN SCNTX                    01
     C  N01      '*EDATE'  SCAN SCNTX                    01
     C           *IN01     IFEQ *ON
     C                     MOVELACTXT     ACTXT2 63
     C                     EXCPTDETAIL
     C   OF                EXCPTHEAD
     C                     END
     C                     END
     C                     READ ACTL06                   LR
     C                     ENDDO
     C                     CLOSE*ALL
      *
     OQSYSPRT E    1           HEAD