  • Subject: Re: Big Owners (of Objects)
  • From: Chris Roberts <bpcs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 23:24:43 +0100 (BST)
  • Posted-Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 23:24:43 +0100

Al,

There is an issue with the number of objects owned by a user profile. I believe
SSA also had this problem with the SSA profile and had to have objects owned by
an SSA2 profile.

We have had to do a similar approach by giving the development, test and live
objects different owners to overcome the problem. We did reach the limit on our
system and unless a PTF is applied, the user profile object appears damaged -
not a
good thing!

After a conference call with Rochester, we were told that this is inherent in
the OS/400 design and would not be fixed until V4R4 or V4R5. I'm not too sure if
it's in V4R4 (with it being focused for Lotus Notes,  Web, etc., I think it
should be
as all cached documents need to be owned by a userprofile!).

I would suggest you check out the following for further information:

IBM AS/400 Support Line Technical Document # 10061758
Title: AS/400 User Profile Size Limit/Limit of Pointers to Objects Owned by a
       User Profile.

http://as400service.rochester.ibm.com/

If anyone who has problems getting hold of this, drop me an email and I'll send
it on.

Regards

Chris.

--