  • Subject: Re: Speaking of ODBC drivers....
  • From: DAsmussen@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 20:41:32 EST

Mark,

>       I am still looking for a solution to a problem I'm having using
>  Active Server Pages to publish BPCS data on our intranet. I'm using
>  NetSoft's ODBC drivers, and while they work fine getting data into MS
Access
>  I can't seem to get the server to accept an SQL statement from an ASP page.
>  Is anyone on the list using ASP successfully? It works great with our
Oracle
>  databases but not with BPCS.

You probably need to look at your user exit points.  If you have CIM installed
(or have had at an earlier date), an SSA program gets placed in the old PCSACC
parameter under WRKNETA that intercepts client requests through PC Support
(Client Access) -- persons with access to BPCS information via PC only _MUST_
be authorized within BPCS to access this data.  There are also several entries
under the system registration system (WRKREGINF) that can affect ODBC access.
Amazing that SSA _STILL_ hasn't gotten their green screen access right, but
can stick these little gems out there for us PC users...

Regards!

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"It's better to look where you're going, rather than where you've been.
Especially if you're not too crazy about where you've been!" -- Anonymous
+---