We've been having an internal debate about the best place to put production
open source web based applications. One suggestion is under the www
directory such as: /www/python/<appname>. Others suggest they should
reside in a directory such as "/opensource/python/<appname>", or
"opensource/nodejs/<appname>". We use apache as the web server with a
proxy, so that configuration will be under "/www".

I'm not sure I care, except to know that it will get backed up as needed,
reasonable to maintain, and not collide with OEM vendors code.

As a note, we tend to put the development directories under
"/home/user/python/<appname>. Any argument with that plan?

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect