Is this a bug ? StartCGI causes twice as many jobs as the number of jobs
specified to be spawned.

After adding StartCGI 1 to my server configuration, I’m now seeing the CGI
job when the server is started instead of after the first http request :

PGM-QZSRHTTP SIGW

PGM-QZSRCGI TIMW

However, I noticed that the first http request was as slow as it was before
I added StartCGI (when no CGI job was running before the first http
request).

After making the first and subsequent http requests :

PGM-QZSRHTTP SIGW

PGM-QZSRCGI TIMW

PGM-QZSRHTTP DEQW

PGM-QZSRCGI TIMW

I can see that the job used for the execution of the request is the one
following the QZSRHTTP job that is in SIGW mode. The other (the one
following the job in DEQW mode) is not used.

The same phenomenon can be observed with all the other servers instances
I’ve looked at. They are starting 5 CGI jobs, so I’m seeing 2 groups of 5
jobs, 5 of which aren’t being used.