Thanks Tim for including the youtube videos. They never turned up in my google searches. I did a quick skim of them and they might be more of what I was looking for because I am after the down and dirty, not the overview of what is can do. I will review them closer over the next week or two.

Using the fast forward method (clicking and jumping ahead), it looks like the one is for SQL not programs and I couldn't tell for sure what the second one did. Do either of these show how to configure a new service using *PGM or *SRVPGM objects where source is also available for the programs? That will allow me to look at both sides to understand how they talk to each other.

So you know, the docs that I was referring to as being old and out of date are located here... https://developer.ibm.com/tutorials/i-rest-web-services-server2/. This is part 2 of a 3 part series posted in 2015.

-----Original Message-----
From: WEB400 <web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Tim Rowe
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 10:55 AM
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Trying to learn about REST and IBM i services

Greetings.

The doc for the IWS support...the integrated Rest API engine is updated
regularly,
- [1]https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/integrated-web-services-ibm-i-web-services-made-easy

Near the bottom of the page is a link to the Red book like doc that has
lots of details.

Additionally, there are a couple of youtube vides on this support that
could be helpful.
[2]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-hp0_a6ka8
[3]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMPUbsrRXnk

Tim

Tim Rowe, timmr@xxxxxxxxxx
Business Architect Application Development & Systems Management for IBM i
IBM i ISV Council
IBM i Development Lab, Rochester, MN
(507) 253-6191 (Tie) 553-6191

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/are/index.html