Folks:

I have a web service running on a V7R3 machine (ccsid = 37) that SoapUI runs
and gets an http code 200 from. The program runs and does as expected. It
does report "unsupported content-type [application/json]" in the HTML
response box, but everything appears to work.

When I run the following RPG (snipped to show relevant code) to call the
exact same web service all I get is the 500 error code.

Where do I turn on the logging or where do I look to see what the server is
failing on? I look in the logs in the apache folder and nothing of values
seems to show up. Clearly I've got some adjustments to make but I'm in the
dark about what's causing the error.

dcl-c BASEURL 'http://123.456.789.123:61354/web/services/MsgMon';

dcl-c JOB_CCSID 37;

dcl-ds message qualified;

sernbr char(7) INZ('78ABCDE');

sysname char(8) INZ('V7R4PRD');

msgid char(7) INZ('CPF9898');

msg char(140) INZ('This is a test from RPG');

severity char(1) INZ('1');

END-DS;

//*********************************************************************

rc= 0;

http_debug(*on);

http_setCCSIDs(1208: JOB_CCSID);

method = 'POST';

url = BASEURL;

DATA-GEN message %DATA(Json) %GEN('YAJLDTAGEN');

monitor;

http_string( method: url: Json: 'application/json; charset=utf-8' );

on-error;

msg = http_error();

rc= 1;

endmon;