Thanks David - I'll add Gatsby to the list.

I don't want to get into Ruby (tried it once and didn't like it) and Golang ... nah - too old to start down that route.

Jon Paris

On May 14, 2021, at 1:40 PM, Schmidt David <DSchmidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey Jon,

Some popular static site generators are Gatsby, Jekyll, and Hugo. I have used Hugo and it worked well and is very fast. As long as you will run them on your Mac any of these would work. If you think in the future, you may decide to run it on the IBM i going with Gatsby would probably be the best choice. I haven't tried Gatsby on an IBM i but due to it being written in Node it would have the best chance of working.

None of these are written in your preferred languages. Gatsby is in written in Node, Jekyll in Ruby and Hugo in Golang.

-David
________________________________
From: WEB400 <web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Jon Paris <jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2021 09:53 AM
To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXT] [WEB400] Recommendations for Simple CMS and/or Static site generator

I need to do some major work on my web site which is currently all static HTML.

Looking for a simple CMS or static site generator. CMS would have to work on IBM i, static generator I would like to run on my Mac.

Prefer Python or PHP as the code base - but I guess I have to get into node.js at some time.

Please DON'T tell me how easy and powerful Wordpress is - I have experience with it and I hate it. Drupal was better but both are total overkill for what i need.

Jon Paris
at https://archive.midrange.com/web400.

This electronic message transmission, including any attachments, contains information from MESVision that may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.

If you received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by a "reply to sender only" message and destroy all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.