How do I get rid of escape characters in JSON output when calling a stored procedure from an IWS REST API?

1. The problem is not caused by the stored procedure. When I call the stored procedure from ACS Run SQL Scripts, the JSON contains no escape characters.

call myLib.myStrdProc('GETDATES',' ',?);

The JSON from Run SQL Scripts looks like this:

Output Parameter #3 (JSON_OUT_PARM) = {"MYFILE":[{"Begin Date":20200101,
"Close Date":20200126},{"Begin Date":20210101,"Close Date":20210131}]}

2. The problem occurs when I call the stored procedure from An IWS REST API procedure. The JSON contains escape characters.

The SQL call in the REST API procedure is the same:

call myLib.myStrdProc ('GETDATES',' ',?)

The JSON looks like this:

"JSON_OUT_PARM": "{\"MYFILE\":[{\"Begin Date\":20200101,\"Close Date\":20200126},
{\"Begin Date\":20210101,\"Close Date\":20210131}]}"

The relevant code snippets from the stored procedure are:

-- PROCEDURE DEFINITION
CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE MYSTRDPROC
(IN ACTION_PARM CHAR(30),
IN JSON_IN_PARM CLOB(1M) DEFAULT NULL,
INOUT JSON_OUT_PARM CLOB(1M) DEFAULT NULL)
RESULT SETS 1
LANGUAGE SQL
SET OPTION DBGVIEW = *SOURCE

WHEN ACTION_PARM = 'GETDATES' THEN