"Statelessness is a requirement for Progressive Web Apps (PWAs).  Every day new PWAs are created by large enterprises - app.Starbucks.com for example.
The PWA design paradigm could easily become the de facto standard for all web apps."

The ONLY way to go IMHO. Nothing irritates me more than the need to download an app for a trivial task and for something poorly designed for the small screen. A PWA basically runs anywhere there is a browser and looks completely like an app on a mobile device. You eliminate all the issues surrounding "approval" to get it in the app store. You can search for it on the web, rather than searching an app store for it. If you find it and like it you just "convert" it into an "app" by putting the shortcut on the home screen. When well designed they cache the most frequently used artifacts locally and are connection aware. The service workers grab data as needed, keeping data use to a minimum.

I have some legacy sites that are standard web architecture. I have written both native Apple and Android apps. I have used PhoneGap/Cordova but PWA's have so many advantages that I only write PWA's unless asked for a native app by a customer.

Pete Helgren
www.petesworkshop.com
GIAC Secure Software Programmer-Java
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner