Am I wrong in thinking that with all these open source offerings coming to
the IBM i and seeing as how they are not "licensed programs" any more, that
one could theoretically run a V7Rx system forever?

I mean the one reason we were forced to update before was IBM not
supporting new SSL ciphers. With openSSL, that shouldn't be an issue if
you keep everything open source, right?

Just thinking out loud... :)

Bradley V. Stone
www.bvstools.com
MAILTOOL Benefit #19 <https://www.bvstools.com/mailtool.html>: The ability
to turn off "Strict SSL" settings. This means no importing Certificate
Authorities (CAs) unless you want to.