Hello All

I was having the same issue with web services . I was wondering if
somebody has answered this question as I can not find any response in

https://archive.midrange.com/web400/201608/msg00005.html

Snippet of the previous posts

c) When I am trying to reuse the same program as web service, I get SOAP
response with lot of data strucure as empty. I do not like it and looking
at ways to prevent. If a data strucure is empty I do not want to sent it.
To prevent it, my understanding says
i) Either I should be able to set the data structure occurrence
number dynamically (decided based on how many records I got following my
business logic). I am not really been able to do it and think IBM i do not
have any cleaner way to do it. I tried using realloc/alloc approach but
this does not really helped me.

ii) Else, we should have a natural way to to tell web service to
get the result set and convert to xml/json response without me bothering
about how many data structure were fetched and try to prevent empty data
structure . I have not so far got to know that it is possible in IBM i.