Booth,

Just remember this all has to be name: value pairs The name can be anything surrounded by quotes. A colon separates them and the values, to keep it simple will be an object {} an array [] a string "string" or a number 12345687890

So your example doesn't quite make sense because every name isn't followed by a value and then a comma and another name:value pair

It starts with an object (wrong syntax) called "data" but then there is a value of "aState" named  "state".  So, just to get you started:

"data":{ "state":"aState", [

but then you start an array *value* which has no name.  So you would need to give it a name first and then list the contents of the array.  Something like:

"demographics":["gender":"male",

But then once again you start another value (presumably an object {} ) without a name.

Basically if you are going to define a value or values, then you have to give them a name.  BTW, I know this is just an example but parens are not used to denote a value of any kind in JSON.  You'll mostly be defining strings, numbers, objects {} and arrays [] but they always need a name.....

"data":{ "state":"aState", [

"demographics":["gender":"male", ........

]

}

Pete Helgren
www.petesworkshop.com