ok, thanks.

looks like it is just a matter of placing the Directory directive inside of
a VirualHost directive.

<VirtualHost *:10081>

<Directory "/usr/local/zendphp7/gui/public">
AllowOverride All
order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#virtualhost
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#directory

a remaining problem I am having is how to share web pages between
<Directory> configs. I am running SPA web pages where the web page brings
down javascript from various directories on the server. Customer service
runs javascript to look at customer orders. But so do Dealers who access
some web pages thru the public HTTPS URL. There is a "display an order"
web page that I want both domains to have access to.