Using IBM's base documents, I created are own document.
This was from 2014, V7R1.
Not sure if anything changed since.

Steps to create a web service on AS/400, test, change the default port to 80**, test, and then finally secure using SSL on the HTTP front end service.

1- Create a new user profile, BRWEB**, copy existing profile
2- Launch IBM Web Admin for i - http://10.5.23.6:2001
3- Create a Web Services Server, take all defaults.
4- Name the service to match a specified user, matching the user to the desired environment, BRWEBMIS, BRWEBLIV, BRWEBTRP, etc
5- Fill in description – BRC WEB Service - **
6- To test service, All Application Servers, Manage Details, Using Test Service tab, test built in ConvertTemp function.
7- Stop both HTTP and Application Servers
8- General server configuration , change HTTP virtual host default port from 100** to 80**. Each slice needs to use a different port
a. MIS – 8080
b. UP – 8081
c. DevD1 – 8082
d. IT – 8083
e. TP – 8084
f. SP - 8085
9- Manually edit the lwi plug-in from 10052 to 80** – wrklnk /www/BRWEBMIS/conf/lwi-plugin-cfg.xml (Do not change Transport Host)
10- Application server, Manage Details, Properties, Web Services Server, change Default WSDL HTTP port to 80**
11- Start both HTTP and Application server
12- Application Server, Manage Deployed Services, using Test Service tab, test built in ConvertTemp function.
13- Stop both HTTP and Application Servers
14- Using Security tab, turn on SSL on HTTP server
a. SSL – enabled,
b. Server Certificate application name – should match name of Web service
c. HTTPS_PORT environment variable – should be 1st port on internal port range of Web Service.
15- Using DCM, system certificate store, Work with Server Applications, add application.
QIBM_HTTP_SERVER_BRWEBMIS Pencor062010
16- Start both HTTP and Application servers
17- Once SSL is enabled Test Service will no longer function, was designed to work without SSL, per IBM.
18- To test SSL using built in ConvertTemp, right click on "View Definition" to get the URL...then paste that into a browser and change http to https and hit enter, and you should see the xml WSDL file.

Paul