It really doesn't get more simple than this:
https://www.fieldexit.com/forum/display?threadid=522

Unless you hardcode the JSON.. then it is easier. Feel free to do so,
Booth.

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 9:52 AM Jon Paris <jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tim has given you some good links to work with the wizards and simply
deploy a program as a web service.

But with regard to your comment below - I would say that if you want to
understand the web service process you are making your start point too
complex. Including Javascript right from the get-go is an added level of
complexity that you don't need.

Just create a web service that is effectively a browser page as I did in
the article. Get that working. Then worry about how to invoke it from
Javascript. Don't make life harder than it need be.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com