mariaDB looks interesting with connect to JSON data files and JSON user
defined functions

https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/connect-json-table-type/

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 1:50 PM, Steve Richter <stephenrichter@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

hi Richard,

the use case is that since I am writing all my IBM i apps now with SQL and
PHP on the server side and javascript in the browser, what is the
feasibility of porting that server code to a web hosting site that runs PHP
and mySQL.

but watch this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2003&v=nFfS1HmiWCM

mySQL does not support much at all.

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 1:03 PM, Richard Schoen <