We'll have to agree to disagree Scott. A little thought on IBM's part and there would not be any possibility of confusion.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com

On Mar 13, 2018, at 4:43 PM, Scott Klement <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

...but... IBM didn't name their tool "WSDL2RPG". They named their tool Integrated Web Services (IWS) client, and it happens to have a shell script named "wsdl2rpg.sh" inside the tool.

Sort of like how the operating system is named IBM i, but yet has a command named WRKOBJ. That doesn't mean we call the operating system "WRKOBJ".

To me the frustrating bit is that users (not IBM) keep referring to the IWS client as "wsdl2rpg" despite that it's not it's name!! And, yes, there is another tool (that has been around longer) called WSDL2RPG. But, this wouldn't be confusing if people referred to the IBM tool by it's actual name.

-SK