From: WEB400 [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Henrik Rützou
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2018 11:50 AM
To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: [WEB400] [EXTERNAL] Re: Fluid Grid for Responsive Design [WAS: Re: Express, React, Node.JS]

Kelly,

You seems to be looking after cards in a grid, try to look at what these
guy's offers running on any major
javascript framework ...

http://md-pro-angular.creative-tim.com/dashboard<http://md-pro-angular.creative-tim.com/dashboard>

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 6:41 PM, Kelly Cookson <KCookson@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:KCookson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi Nathan,

Are you talking about the simple fluid grid page?
http://www.kellycookson.info/fluidgrid/<http://www.kellycookson.info/fluidgrid/>
I mentioned that this was just a fluid grid, and that a responsive design
also required you to deal with things like font sizes, images, and embedded
videos. Perhaps I should have stressed that more in my previous email.

I have bad eyesight, so I try to make my fonts readable on smartphones and
tablets. I do change my font sizes for my personal website:
http://www.kellycookson.info/<http://www.kellycookson.info/> The fonts on this page and the pages in the
navigation drop-down should be easier to read on mobile devices.

I agree that a fluid grid design is not necessary. I'm sure the way you
describe here works, too:
https://rd.radile.com/rdweb/info2/ibmiui10.html<https://rd.radile.com/rdweb/info2/ibmiui10.html>
I have a question, though. In the CSS code, you set the .w2 class to a
specific width.

* Suppose I want a row where the first column takes up 25 percent
of the page and the second column takes up 75 percent of the page.

* Then, in the next row, I want three columns that each take up 33
percent of the page.

* Then I want another row with two columns, where each column takes
up 50 percent of the page.
One of my web pages actually does this: http://www.kellycookson.info/<http://www.kellycookson.info/>
service/index.html. Using your system, wouldn't I have to define a number
of CSS classes, not just the single .w2 class set at a specific width?
Right now that seems like the advantage of a fluid grid framework. But I'm
not very familiar with your approach. Maybe I am missing something.

Thanks,

Kelly Cookson
IT Project Leader
Dot Foods, Inc.