Henrik, just out of curiosity, PowerExt seemed to be pretty RPG specific.

Is your target audience going to be RPG web developers or any node developer with this new framework ?

There are lots of Node frameworks already so curious on the value-add aspect.

And for IBMi there's the IBMi Toolkit for access so that is already pluggable into Node apps.

Perhaps you're thinking about something similar to Profound.js to make Node development more procedural for developers ?

Also since most Node stuff is open source are you starting a business to support the framework or sell it ?

Just curious again since you mentioned your new company which usually means revenue generation.

Your RPG stuff was pretty good, so will be interested to see what you come up with.

Regards,

Richard Schoen
Director of Document Management
e. richard.schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
p. 952.486.6802
w. helpsystems.com

message: 1
date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 23:19:06 +0100
from: Henrik R?tzou <hr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WEB400] Express, React, Node.JS

Kevin

there you are a little wrong, in my new company half of my time is dedicated to create a node/angular/bootstrap/material framework based on node.js as the backend and IBM i as the server. This will replace my (RPGLE/EXTJS) powerEXT Framework and will be based on powerEXT for node.js that is rewritten in javascript based (more or less) on the design of powerEXT Core. But it will ofcource have a high degree of platform independence since the "IBM i connnector" will easily be replaced.