Editing the WSDL would require you to end and restart the server.

There is no way to edit the file as it pertains to the namespace.

The static/dynamic endpoint allows you to insert a URL that will be used
in the WSDL. By default, the endpoint host and port is generated
dynmically dependent on the host/port the client request used to access
the WSDL. If you enter a static URL, that is the URL that would be used.

From: Eric <send2et@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)"
Date: 05/24/2017 04:38 AM
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Fw: Namespace on IWS v2.6
Sent by: "WEB400" <web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Nadir,

Thanks for your reply.
I did spend a day yesterday fiddling with it and trying all sorts.

I got a few questions though.

What is the difference between static and dynamic endpoint URL?
At first I thought I could manipulate the HTTP URL using that but didn't

Also I noticed that if I edit the .WSDL to instruct it to use the
namespace, it also didn't work.
After I edit the WSDL, I can see the WSDL has been changed in the IFS and
the Wizard Edit mode.
But when I click the 'View WSDL', I can't see the changes I've made.


On 24 May 2017 at 00:54, Nadir Amra <amra@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, There is no way to get around this. The endpoint you can probably
around by using HTTP URL mappings documented on page 131 of the
administration and programming guide [1]. The namespace cannot be
resolved. You will have to send your clients the new WSDL.


----- Original message -----
From: Eric <send2et@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: "WEB400" <web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)" <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [WEB400] Namespace on IWS v2.6
Date: Tue, May 23, 2017 4:24 AM


Our client has upgraded from V7R1 to V7R3 and we noticed a few issues
the IAS and IWS.
Eg. IAS is no longer supporting v8.1 and no longer supporting Java 6.

I also noticed that IWS v1.5 no longer exist. It's v2.6 now.

I've tried recreating the server / service.
After everything is done, I noticed that the XML structure generated by
WSDL is different.

The end point is also different because it's using a different framework
which is faster.

Some namespace are no longer there and some has changed.

We are trying to minimise the impact to the other vendors which have to
call the web service.

Does anyone know whether it would be possible to change the namespace so
that we make it the same as what it was before when it was running on
This means only the endpoint which is changed.


This is the Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) (WEB400) mailing
To post a message email: WEB400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: WEB400-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...


Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.