The answer to the question is still "no". You have to assume that a "CGI call" as described in the question is an HTTP request to a CGI program. There is no way that two (or more) concurrent "CGI calls" can access the same objects in QTEMP as they will both be handled by different jobs (or CGI threads if that is the preferred terminology). So Richard has a bug and he is barking up the wrong tree for the solution.

As an aside, apart from the very first request, *all* requests (in our world) use xmlHttpRequest (AJAX). How "aggressive" is that? :)

-----Original Message-----
From: WEB400 [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Henrik Rützou
Sent: 04 March 2017 10:13
To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Question on QTEMP and CGI Jobs

Kevin

well, it may be understod that they share QTEMP since a call to PGMA from user 1 and thereafter call to PGMB from user 2 running under the same QZSRCGI shares the same QTEMP that belongs to the QZSRCGI and not PGMA or PGMB.

PS - I don't think you uses AJAX as agressivly as I, if you fires 4-5 unnested AJAX calls from the browser at the same time it will result in 4-5 QZSRCGI jobs handling the requests, in other word they aren't queued to the same QZSRCGI job.

Remember that persistence CGI was written way before AJAX where AJAX may run many independend sockets to the server at the same time.

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Kevin Turner <kevin.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>