Yes I wrote a little command (to wrap the QSH call) that sets the envvars at job level first. Once I got over the nausea it does the job for submitted stuff :)

On 10 Feb 2017, at 23:52, Henrik Rützou <hr@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Arrh I was setting it for the job but submittet the QSH job afterwards

It works if I set it at *SYS but that may be a bad idea

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 12:40 AM, Kevin Turner <kevin.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

.....but it works for me in QSH too once I set the environment variable.

Are you sure you are setting the environment variable for the job that is
running the node app?

-----Original Message-----
From: WEB400 [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kevin
Turner
Sent: 10 February 2017 23:37
To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WEB400] SQL7908 error when trying to acces DB2 from node

Yes I can replicate that in QSH.

Works fine in a QP2TERM session

-----Original Message-----
From: WEB400 [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Henrik
Rützou
Sent: 10 February 2017 23:31
To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

But it is not the node.js job that fails even though it cause it fail but
it is the SQL job that fails first.

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 12:28 AM, Henrik Rützou <hr@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I already have QIBM_MULTI_THREADED 'Y'

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 12:25 AM, Kevin Turner <
kevin.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Actually the latter might not work - you probably have to set the
environment variable before initiating QSH

You will also only ever be able to achieve 1021 connections unless
you increase the pool size - i.e

POOLSIZE=65000 node blah.js