From: WEB400 [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of gio.cot
Sent: 30 January 2017 11:35
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WEB400] external CSS style sheets problem

Hi Kevin

Sorry but I have not understand your answer .. could you please better explain me ?

Thanks in advance

<< Right - so that means that your Apache instance can only serve documents from the location (or subfolders thereof). So if your HTML says this:
<< <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="mobile.css"> << Apache will expect to find mobile.css in www/articles/htdocs << That is the point of the document root. It tells Apache where to get the static files from that you reference in your HTML. All other files are protected from access